Light draws truth, hope and joy, stop hiding in the shadows (167)
Imagine someone calling you the light of the world, honouring you with such a heavy burden, what would you do?
Many of us struggle to accept that we carry much light at all let alone be the light of the world.
1. It’s easy not to accept such an honourable calling
– It allows us to hide in the shadows and not be responsible for those around us
– It allows us to observe others without being observed ourselves
– It turns us into part of the problem not the solution
The world can do with one less critic
2. Hiding in the shadows stops us from growing as others around us stumble
It was Jesus who said to his disciples, who were just humble people, that they could impact their world if they would just shine
~ “Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house.”
3. Our light must be strategically placed to benefit all
Our light isn’t a spot light used as an interrogation tool
Our light isn’t a stage light to make ourselves shine above everyone else
Our humble light could be as small as a candle strategically placed to help others not stumble
Whatever truth, hope and joy we have, it’s to benefit others if we allow it to shine
Let me ask you the question again, imagine being called the light of the world, what would you do?
Let me help you shine
If you are interested in a chat, message me on WhatsApp with the button to the right hand bottom corner of this page or email me direct on firstname.lastname@example.org and we can arrange to meet if you’re in Perth, Western Australia or zoom chat anywhere in the world.
Who knows what light could come from a chat?