Leadership Development is an unseen process.
We’ve heard the phrase ‘Fake it till you make it’ which is another way of admitting, not everything you see is authentic.
1. Who wants to admit that they don’t know what they are doing
2. Who wants to admit that they don’t have the motivation to keep going while they still go through the motions
3. The constant pressure to perform can get overwhelming
No doubt, every leader worth their weight will go through seasons of loneliness, why?
1. It’s in that separated state that we determine what we truly believe, the good, bad and the ugly
2. It’s in that place of isolation, we test our true capacity and often realise we fall short of our own expectations
3. When we take stock of our life, we can make clear decisions on the direction forward
Many leaders fail to stop for any reasonable season for fear of what they may find and continue to the point of burnout
Taking time out for self discovery is often what fills us up to go the long haul
I took over two years off social media at the end of 2016 and deleted everything virtual to regain all the following.
1. We gain a fresh perspective
2. We gain creativity
3. We don’t take ourselves too seriously
I used that period to research Smart Cities around the world and the latest trends in Leadership & Personal Development. What was a hobby for about two years is now the new foundation of my latest business launched in 2020
When I went back online in early 2019, I didn’t lose any skills but gained momentum in a fresh direction.
When was the last time you stepped out to rethink what you want?
Rather than ‘faking it till we make it’, regaining perspective allows us to ‘faith it till we make it’.
If you are interested in a chat, message me on WhatsApp with the button to the right hand bottom corner of this page or email me direct on email@example.com and we can arrange to meet if you’re in Perth, Western Australia or zoom chat anywhere in the world.
Who knows what light could come from a chat?